Chicken Bobó (Brazilian Chicken Stew)
- 1 pound yuca root
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds chicken breast, diced
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup red palm oil (see note)
- 2 tablespoons red chili paste
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- Salt and pepper
Peel the yuca root and cut it in halt, crosswise. Transfer to a large sauce pan and add the chicken broth. Boil on medium heat until the yuca is soft, about 50 minutes.
Transfer the yuca to a plate, but reserve the liquid from the pan. Let it cool for 10 minutes and remove the steam from the center. While still warm, mash yuca with a fork or potato masher.
Transfer the yuca and the cooking liquid to a blender. Blend it until smooth. Set aside.
While the yucca is cooking, heat the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the chicken and sear, about 2 minutes. Add the onions, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and garlic. Cook it for about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes. Close the lid and cook until all vegetables are soft and chicken is cooked through, 7 minutes. Add the yuca, coconut milk, red palm oil, and red chili paste and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the cilantro, scallions, salt and pepper. Serve it with a side of rice.
Bobó is a traditional Brazilian stew that can be made with chicken, shrimp, or fish.
- 125g softened unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- few drops of pure vanilla
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of sodio
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Butter and flour a 20 cm square cake tin, then line case with baking paper. Preheat oven to 180oC. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, banana and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients and add to misture, alternating with buttermilk. Spoon into tin and bake for 45 minutes or until cake tests clean. Cool cake in its tin on a wire rack for few minutes before turning out. Cool completely before cutting or storing in a airtight tin.
Walnut and brown sugar topping
Combine 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts, 3 tablespoons self-raising flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 100g softened butter and 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Scatter over the uncooked banana cake and bake as above.
IELTS Reading Questions 05 – Multiple Choice
IELTS Pronunciation – Improve English & prepare for IELTS Speaking
IELTS Grammar – Improve English & prepare for IELTS Speaking
Use os intervalos a seu beneficio, grife as palavras chaves para tentar encontra-las na conversa e para se localizar em que ponto esta a conversa. Pois os espaços para ser preenchidos são geralmente falados em sequencia.
As palavras chaves que você grifou podem nao ser faladas e sim algum sinónimo.
Questões de preencher ou completar o espaço em branco:
- Não deixe para escrever depois. Escreva o que ouviu e deixe para conferir depois.
- Nao deixe nenhuma resposta em branco (ou nenhum gaps). Se você perdeu a palavra, tente adivinhar, mas depois nao fique preso.
- Sempre verifique quantas palavras você precisa escrever. Não escreva mais palavras do que é permitido.
- Pensar sobre que tipo de palavras se encaixam (substantivo, verbo, adjetivo, etc). Verifique se a palavras é adequadas conforme o que esta sendo pedido e se faz sentido gramaticalmente. Não se esqueça de checar se esta escrita corretamente.
Se for um gráfico: verifique o titulo e palavras em negrito.
Questões de multipla escolha:
- Processo de Eliminação: Eliminar quaisquer respostas que são obviamente incorretas;
- Palavras-chave: grife as palavras-chave que você acha que foram mencionados;
- Continue escutando, mesmo depois de encontrar a resposta. Às vezes, na conversa a pessoa muda de ideia ou adiciona informações que pode ser a resposta correta.
-Dissertação de CAUSES AND EFFECTS
This essay will elaborate the issues associated <topic> and suggest some solutions.
This essay will examine some of the causes of <topic> and suggest some solutions.
There are huge consequences…
While there may be …. if we remain inert to action, I believe …
-Dissertação de AGREE or DISAGREE
I totally agree with the statement for the following reasons.
While some people believe that … I believe …
-Dissertação de ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
This essay will examine the drawbacks and benefits of <topic>
While there are several benefits associated with ….
… there are also <subject> that should not be ignored.
-Dissertação de DISCUSS
This essay will discuss both sides of the argument.
Whether <topic> will (do something .. )or not will be discussed in this essay.
This essay will elaborate on both sides of the issue and provide a conclusive opinion.
While some people believe that … others feel that …
In my opinion/view
To my mind
To my way thinking,
Iam convinced that
It Strikes me that
It is my firm belief that,
I am inclined to believe that
It seems to me that
As far as I am concerned
I think that
One advantage of
Another (dis)advantage of
One other (dis)advantage of
A further (dis)advantage of
The main (dis)advantage
The greatest (dis)advantage of
The first (dis)advantage of
First, to start / First, Begin with / First of all
Secondly, after (this/that) / Afterwards / Then / Next
Thirdly / Last but not the least
Finally / Lastly / In conclusion / To conclude
What is more
Apart from (this/that)
In addition (to this)
not to mention the fact that
But / Also
With reference to, According
Because / owing to the fact that / due to the fact that / on the grounds that/ since as
In view of / Because of / Owing to
For this reason
thus / therefore / so / consequently / as a result / as a consequence
So as to / in order to
With the purpose/intention of
In summary / To sum up
in other words / that is to say
For instance / For example
So to speak / as it were